Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza Night

Tried my hand at homemade BBQ chicken bacon pizza recently. The dough proofed well enough, but it needed more sugar and a hotter oven temp for that traditional browned crust (unfortunately I don't own a 600+ degree pizza oven).

Regardless, it looked nice and my wife loved it ;).

We used low-moisture freshly grated mozzarella, Rudy's BBQ Sissy Sauce, thick-cut smoked bacon pieces, and herb and wine marinated chicken. Taste-wise, I love anything savory, and this certainly fit the bill since I was so hungry. But personally, I thought it needed something.

Pizza's a learning process, and there's a number of things I could have done differently. But the most important thing is the experience. The tangible creation of food prepared by your own hands is both satisfying, and peaceful. Plus, you get to spend time with the one you love.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Curtis Family Portraits in Phoenix's Roosevelt District

Had the chance to photograph an old friend (and former boss) along with his family last weekend in downtown Phoenix. The arty and up-and-co...